Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bees at Work

This card was started last winter and then got buried in a stack on my work table.  I found it again a few days ago while doing a bit of cleaning up, so decided it was high time to finish it.  It's just a card for fun inspired by the Stampin' Up! Hexagon Hive die.  I didn't include a sentiment yet, because I haven't decided what I'll use it for.


The Stampin' Up Hexagon Hive die and a background piece of yellow cardstock were sponged with yellow and rust inks using Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Honeycomb stencil.  The die was popped up on top of the background stenciling and matted on Cajun Craze cardstock

 The bees are an old Sizzix Sizzlits die Bee#4 cut out of the same yellow paper.  I recently ordered the new Tim Holtz Layered Dragon Fly die and embossing folder set and decided by using the embossing folder I could make the wings look a bit more realistic. 

The dragon fly was embossed on a piece of vellum cardstock, then the bee die was placed over the embossed wings and cut out for each bee again.  The yellow wings were cut off and the vellum wings were glued on the back of the bees in their place.  The bees were colored with Copic markers, then glued down in the honeycomb.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.
Have a great week.
Susan

No comments: