Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SCACD - ALIEN BUTTERFLY

Susana's Custom Art & Card Design (SCACD) recently released some new, totally gorgeous digital images.  One of them is this stunning Alien Butterfly.



 
 
 
 
As soon as I saw her, she reminded me of some of the beautiful and oh-so colorful creatures from the film Avatar.  I decided on a monochromatic blue color scheme for her.
 
It was a fun image to color with Copic markers.  I used markers B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, B52, B41, B45, B00, B01, and B02.  The background is colored with B0000.  A bit of sparkle was added with Star Dust Stickles.   The edges of the white cardstock she is printed on were sponged lightly with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks.  I matted her on a piece of blue cardstock and then on a piece of matching blue design paper from the Papermania Madame Payraud paper stack, and then again on the blue cardstock. 
 
The sentiment "Toss Off the Everyday", which comes with this digital image, fits her well. The background of the sentiment is also colored with B0000.  The letters were shaded with B00.  The edges were sponged to match the main image and matted on the same blue cardstock.  I added a bit more sparkle with a few blue gemstones on the design paper and one clear one on the sentiment. butterfly.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week.
 
Susan  

3 comments:

Susana M said...

Hi Susan
Love the colors (my fav's), details are spot on and definitely something I could see floating in the Avatar movie!!!
Thanks for sharing <3

Elaine Hughes said...

The butterfly looks great in blue! Awesome. :)

Kathi said...

Wow! How'd I miss this?

It's absolutely stunning! Wow.

Gorgeous coloring, paper choices, and design.