Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Crows in a Row

This is just a fun card using a couple of new stamps I just received in the mail, along with a Penny Black Die and a Darice embossing folder that all follow the theme of crows in a row sitting on branches and a wire.  I kept the colors to a deep blue and black combination to go with the crow theme.  They remind me of some of the crows in our backyard.  They really do have quite interesting personalities and are fun to watch.

 
Stamps used:
EK Success - Inkadinkado - crows on a branch
Technique Tuesday - One of a Kind set - grasses, thistle and flying birds
 
Penny Black Inc. Die - In a Row
Darice Embossing folder - birds on wire
 
I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink combined with Ranger's Archival Cornflower Blue ink.
Some of the grasses were stamped off on another piece of scrap paper before stamping on the card to give the impression of depth and dimension.
 
Have a great rest of the week.
A foot of snow predicted for tomorrow.  My poor tulips are up 6 inches on the side of the house.  I hope they don't get frozen.  The only consolation with the snow is it can't last.  Spring has to arrive for good pretty soon, although the ice in the bay is still over a foot thick in spots.
 
Sue

1 comment:

Kathi said...

This is lovely. I love crows, so this one speaks to me. Or does it caw?

Crows are fascinating and one of the smartest birds out there.

We had a light dusting of snow yesterday after it was 70° on Monday.

I think Mother Nature is having issues.