Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Love You to the Moon and Back

When I saw this Impression Obsession sentiment, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 
It's a Valentine card for my hubby.  I love the saying!  The sentiment would make a great card for a little one too, I think.

Yes, I actually got a card made ahead of time instead of at the last possible minute. Now, all I have to do is remember where I put it till next February.  Considering the condition of my craft room lately, that could prove to be a very difficult task. 

I sort of picked up when I left for Florida and still can't find the stamp I was planning to use for my Christmas cards this year.  I put it in a very good place (too good a place) for safe keeping till I returned home.  The problem is where could that be!  Perhaps I'll find it in time for next year's cards.



I decided to make a cityscape card.  I love cityscape stamps and have several of them.  This Penny Black stamp is my latest acquisition.  It is stamped with Stampin' Up Going Gray ink.  The moon is from the Crafty Secrets set "Fairies"  I love their vintage style stamps.  The trees are from Stampin' Up!'s Serene Silhouettes set.  I drew the heart on the building from remembering seeing the heart lit up on the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". 

The buildings and background sky are colored with Copic Markers.  The stars are made with a white gel pen, as are the hand drawn frames.  The sentiment is stamped with VersaMark ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The red cardstock is Stampin' Up!'s Cherry Cobbler even though it looks more like Real Red in the picture. Xmas Red Stickles were used on the corners and on the heart.

The opening is cut out with the largest Labels Twenty-One die on the black cardstock, which is popped up over the images to make a 5" x 7" card.  The sentiment is also popped up.

This week is going by too quickly. I have too many things to get caught up on after being gone for so long.  Have a great rest of the week.
Sue

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This is my daughter's favorite sentiment. Great card :)