Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Night

A bit late in the season, but this past stamping weekend I finally got a chance to make my first Halloween cards for the year. 

The card below uses the Impression Obsession Shakespeare quote.  I decided I had to have that stamp as soon as I saw it.

 
Stamps used:
sentiment - Impression Obsession
three alley cats - Custer's Last Stamp
bat background - Hero Arts
tree branch with bats - Penny Black (Hoot of a Time)
Rest In Peace gravestone with scary hand - Stamp Oasis (Rubbernecker stamps)

The finished card is 5" x 7".  The moon was made using a punched 1 3/4" circle mask while sponging the background with Stampin' Up! Going Gray and Memento Gray Flannel.   The mask was then removed and the moon and parts of the background especially around the moon were sponged with orange and yellow Ranger Distress and Memento inks.  The bats were stamped in gray ink as well as the gravestone.  One of the hills was sponged in gray also using a sticky note for a mask.  The rest was stamped and sponged with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.

The way the background is sponged makes it look a bit like there is an eerie fog or mist in the night air.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Sue

3 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

This is one of the most awesome Halloween cards I've seen this year. Love the "foggy" look you got and those cats are so funny! LOVE the Shakespeare quote. This is definitely a 10 out of 10! Best, Curt

mamawcindy said...

Hi Sue, Just found your blog and have been having a good time looking at your creations. You do such good work. I especially love this Halloween Card. Love how you made it look foggy. I may have to try something like this next year. I only made my two Grand Children Halloween Cards this year. Thanks for Sharing and I am now a follower of yours. Would Love for you to visit my blog sometime if you ever get a chance. Happy Day to you. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

The use of the grey ink for the bats and the tombstone is really a brillant idea ! This Halloween card is really perfect :)