Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Your Birthday - Paint the Town Any Color You Want To!

A birthday card for a special friend.  Birthdays are always a great excuse to celebrate!



Paint the Town Any Color You Want To!!
 
What a fun way to celebrate another year older!  This card was just plain fun to color. The cartoon like cityscape is an old Hero Arts stamp I found in my stash of semi-forgotten stamps.  It fits the whimsical cartoon style theme perfectly along with Penny Black's artistic kitty and sentiment.  Actually this kitty painter looks a lot like me after I finish a painting project - covered in blotches of paint from head to toe.
 
The card was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, then colored with Stampin' Up! markers.  To mask the kitty, I used Judikins Eclipse Tape.   For fun I added a few extra footprints by coloring just the footprints part of the stamp with markers and stamping them several times across the bottom of the card.
 
Thanks for looking.
It's a beautiful summery August day here.
 
Sue



2 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Super card!

Sandra said...

Great card ! I love your choice of colours, and this charming sentiment :)