Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cabin in the Woods

Memory Box dies were used to create this masculine scenic wintery card.



The snowy ground was sponged using Post-It notes as a mask with Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze ink.  The sky is also sponged, but a couple of punched out scalloped circles were used as a mask.  They were taped together so that they were just barely overlapping on one side, then sponged across just the tops of them.  Stampin' Up! Soft Sky ink was used. 

The dies were all colored with Copic markers.  The logs and other details on the cabin were hand drawn.  The whole main image is popped up onto the front of an A2 size card base with a 1/4" mat.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Susan,
The 3D effect on this card is absolutly amazing. I wish you were my next door neighbor, so I could see how you manage to obtain such a fantastic colouring !
Well done, once again :)

Kathi said...

Absolutely beautiful!

I love all the details you added to the die cuts and the way you sponged/masked the sky and snowy ground.

Vanessa Middleton said...

I was just looking for the Memory Box Stardust stencil and came across your card. So gorgeous, I love it.