Friday, July 5, 2013

Give Flight to Your Dreams

A butterfly card with a lacy, Art Deco look to it.




The triangles with butterflies are from the Penny Black set Social Butterfly. They go perfectly with the lace from JustRite's Art Deco Lace Edges set. The larger butterfly in the center is by Inkadinkado from the mini set Take Wing. The sentiment is also a JustRite stamp from the set Botanical Butterflies.

All images and the background are colored with Copic markers after stamping with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. The center butterfly is stamped a second time, colored, cut out and popped up over top of the original one. This is also true of the triangles on the two sides. The two smaller butterflies are also stamped again, colored, cut out and popped up on top of the original butterflies

Stardust Stickles is added for a finishing touch. This entire main image is matted on an A2 card base.


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.
Sue

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vintage Frangia Bouquet

A vintage looking bouquet card for a friend..


 

This vintage bouquet card uses Memory Box's Frangia Bouquet, Twirling Vine Frame, along with their Debutante Frame for the backing,  Marianne Designs Tiny Flowers #4 die was also used in the bouquet. The vintage looking sentiment is from Crafty Secret's Sweet Kids clear stamp set.

The die cutouts are colored with Copics and the backgrounds are sponged with SU Certainly Celery and Blush Blossom inks. The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive with a touch of Pear Pzzazz.

The corners on the card base were rounded to go with the curves of the frame. The main image was popped up on the card base to add a bit more dimension. A bit of white gel pen was added to the flowers for a finishing touch.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Independence Day today to those of you in the states.
Sue


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cabin in the Woods

Memory Box dies were used to create this masculine scenic wintery card.



The snowy ground was sponged using Post-It notes as a mask with Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze ink.  The sky is also sponged, but a couple of punched out scalloped circles were used as a mask.  They were taped together so that they were just barely overlapping on one side, then sponged across just the tops of them.  Stampin' Up! Soft Sky ink was used. 

The dies were all colored with Copic markers.  The logs and other details on the cabin were hand drawn.  The whole main image is popped up onto the front of an A2 size card base with a 1/4" mat.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bee Well Soon

A get well card using Penny Black's acrylic stamp set Sweet As Honey, along with Stampin' Up!'s Honeycomb embossing folder and a Hearts a Flutter Framelits die for the sentimment on the side.




The main bee image is colored with Copics and cut out. A second bee was stamped, colored, cut out and popped up on top of the main bee. The honeycomb was sponged with Memento Dandelion,and Tim Holtz More Mustard and Scattered Straw Distress Inks. The violet mat layer is sponged with Memento Grape Jelly ink. The two smaller bees were colored with Copics, cut out and glued down.  The bees' flight pattern is hand drawn.


Have a great day!!
Sue

A Flowery Hello

Another flowery hello card using Hero Arts "Flowers Say Hello" old sentiment stamp, but this time the flowers are from the Fiskars clear stamp set "Petals From Scratch".  The dragon fly is from the old Inkadinkado set "Beauty Stems From Here."


Except for the big daisy, I stamped the flowers along the bottom, the sentiment and the dragonfly with Memento Tuxedo Black ink directly onto the A2 card front, then I colored them with Copics.  The large daisy is stamped on a separate piece of Copic X-Press It white cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out.  The bottom of the card is sponged with Stampin' Up! Gumball Green, Old Olive and Always Artichoke inks.  The rest of the edges are just barely touched with a Coastal Cabana ink pad to give a hint of blue along the edges.

The left side needed something, so I added a few vertical score lines, then colored the area with yellow Copics.  It still needed something, so I used Stampin' Up's! Spritzer Tool that they just retired and spritzed the front of the card with some of their yellow markers. 

Next I attached the large daisy flower, after curving the petals with my hands to give them some shape.  The daisy center is glued directly to the card front, but the petals are popped up with SU dimensionals to hold the curve to the petals.  Last I added a bit of Star Dust Stickles to the flowers and the dragonfly's wings.

Thanks for stopping by.
Those of you in the states have a fantastic and fun Fourth of July celebration.
Have a great week everyone.
Sue