Monday, June 24, 2013

Sandpipers By the Bridge

Wetlands is a new stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I knew I had to have as soon as I saw it in their new 2013 - 2014 catalog.

Sandpipers By the Bridge

I combined the sandpipers stamp in that set with Memory Box's Sturdy Bridge die, My Favorite Things Die-namics Catch a Wave die and the sea gulls from Gina K's By the Sea 2 stamp set to create this clean and simple A2 size card.

After cutting out the bridge, I colored it wih Copic markers in the cream and green colors of the Mackinac Bridge here at the Straits of Mackinac.  The waves were also colored with Copics and then the tips of the waves were painted with Copic Opaque White.  The background was sponged with Stampin'Up! Baja Breeze ink, then the bridge and waves were glued down. 

The front is a negative die cut out using the second largest Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals die.  The sandpipers and gulls were stamped on this with Tsukineko's Memento Gray Flannel ink.  Then the sandpipers were colored with Copics.  This was glued down directly over the bridge and waves.  I decided not to pop it up with dimensionals this time.

Hope you have great week.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sue



2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Susan,
Hope you're fine :)
This is a very clever card. I love the stamped corners and the opening

Kathi said...

Wow! This is totally stunning!

I love everything about this card!

So, I'm gonna pin it!