I was cleaning out some stacks on my worktable and came across this wintery scenic card I made last winter while designing for Third Coast Rubber Stamps. It was featured in Third Coast's ad placed in last spring's issue of Rubber Stamp Madness magazine. I never got around to posting it online last winter. With the wintery days we've had lately, I decided this would be a good time to share this card.
Third Coast Stamps used:
Snow Pals VB-072-I
Large Birch Trunks CM-055-P
Contemplating Polar Bear CO-072-H
Curious Polar Bear CO-071-I
Sitting Polar Bear CO-073-J
Pine Trio ES-044-B
- Stamp Snow Pals girl on Copic X-Press It white 5" x 7" cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, color with Copics, colorvwith VersaMark marker and clear heat emboss.
- Stamp Pine Trio twice usng the same steps listed above, then Birch Trunks and finally Curious Polar Bear.
- Tear along the sticky edge of a Post-It Note to look like snow drifts and place along the horizon about 1/3 of the way down from the top covering the snow area (bottom of card).
- Brayer Stampin' Up Baja Breeze ink across the sky to the horizon line. Repeat with Marina Mist but don't go quite as far down to the horizon.
- Brayer Pacific Point ink across the very top of the sky and sponge lightly along the horizon line.
- Move Post-It Note around in snow area and sponge more snow drifts with Baja Breeze ink several times.
- Mat slightly off center to allow room for the other two polar bears with Stampin' Up Night of Navy cardstock 7 1/2" x 5 1/2".
- Stamp Sitting and Contemplating Polar Bears on Copic X-Press It with Memento Tuxedo Black, color with Copics and cut out. Pop up onto main scene overlapping onto the Night of Navy mat.
- Add some Our Craft Lounge Sparkly Fluff (color - Sugar) to the fur on the girl's jacket, hood and boot tops.
Have a super weekend.