This is my second piece this month as Guest Designer for Third Coast Rubber Stamps for October. An Autumn Halloween scene is the theme for this card. The focal point is the wonderful Bat-Wing Fairy stamp by artist Valorie Wilson. The Halloween Corner Pumpkin Vines and the Autumn Owl tree are also stamps with her fabulous art work.
Below are a few close-ups of different parts of the card.
All stamps used are by Third Coast Rubber Stamps:
Bat-Wing Halloween Fairy VB-288-R Pg. 3 Halloween 2008
Autumn Owl VB-178-L Pg. 3 Halloween 2007
Froggy Mage - SM CH-909-A Pg. 17 Early Spring 2007
Halloween Corner Vine - Left VB-325-I Pg. 26 Halloween 2009
Halloween Corner Vine - Right VB-324-I Pg. 26 Halloween 2009
Sinister Bat - Light - SM CM-280-CC Pg. 10 April 2011
Pumpkin Patch Set - PR-034-V Pg. 2 Halloween 2008
- Using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, stamp Bat-Wing Fairy and color with Copics.
- Create a mask for her arm and leg using Judikins Eclipse Tape and stamp ground vines and Autumn Owl with tree using a stamp positioner.
- Remove masks and color with Copics.
- Stamp frog and bat, then color with Copics.
- Using Stampin' Up! and Tombow water base markers, stamp left and right Halloween corner vines.
- Outline edges of top corner vines with black Copic Multiliner pen.
- Use Post-It Notes to mask horizon and sponge sky very lightly with Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass Ranger Distress Inks
- Turn Post-It Notes mask around and color ground lightly with Copic E40, then sponge lightly with Bundled Sage Distrss Ink.
- Remove mask and color in shadows under images with Copic marker G24 and G20
- Sponge edges of card with Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.
- Mat images on black, then Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade cardstock and attach to card base.