Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Owloween

Hoooooo... Tooooo... Yoooou... and a Happy Owloween!!
I made these two fun cards at a stamping and scrapping three day weekend I just attended. 



Above is the first version I made using Spellbinders Octagon Nestabilities for a shaped card with Penny Black's "Moonlight Owls" stamp.

Below is the second version.  I originally stamped the owl a little to close to the edge and cut off his one ears.  So I stamped him again on a separate piece of cardstock, colored him, cut him out and glued him over top of the original image with his ear going beyond the border.  It adds a bit of variety and dimension.  Thank you to a good stamping friend for her idea.  Because of the slightly different position of the owls from the first card, I moved the sentiment to more in the center and stamped the top of the fence a little differently for this version.


The spooky fence and  fun sentiment are both from Outlines Rubber Stamps.  Unfortunately they went out of business a short time ago, which is too bad, because they had some really great stamps.  I fell in love with the cute owl stamp, "Moonlight Owls" by Penny Black  as soon as they released it with their new Halloween stamps this fall. 

The images were colored with Copics after stamping with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  The background was sponged with Stampin' Up's! Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy Inks while the card was still in the Octagon Nestabilities Die.

Thanks for stopping by.  My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who live on the East Coast and are getting hit by Sandy right now. 
Sue 


4 comments:

Caroline said...

Love this card the owls are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

These owls are a "hoot" of cuteness Susan!

Lieselotte said...

This card reminds my of a hand painted tile, it is great! Both versions.

Kathi said...

Aww. I love this card. So cute and semi-spooky. Those owls make me smile!