Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ghosts in the Graveyard

A fun Halloween card made using only die cut and punched images.  I've been wanting to try making a card with no stamping, just die cuts and/or punched images.  This was a fun challenge, but a bit more time consuming than I thought it would be.  The hardest part was planning the layout and glueing the layers.  (The spelling of gluing doesn't look right to me, nor does glueing.  So, I looked them up and both are correct - same for the word aging or ageing.)  Even retired teachers learn new things every day.

I did wind up using a Cuttlebug 5" x 7" embossing folder, "Madison", behind the main image panel.  I tried about 20 different colors behind the main panel before I found one that would work.  The color needed to make the main image pop as a focal point, but not be overwhelming.  The one I decided on was from a scrap that I had left over and have no idea what company or color name it is. 


Memory Box and Poppy Stamps Dies used:
Walking Cat
Orchard Tree Frame (I don't have the Debutante Frame that backs this die cut, so I traced this one and deliberately cut it just a hair larger for a black border.)
Ghost Trio (just used the smallest ghost 3 times)
Graveyard Landscape ( cut apart into two sections)

Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punch - Creepy Fence
Paper Shapers old bat punch (Meaning an old punch that is a bat. ;)

Thanks for stopping by. 
Last night and today we've had some major wind and rain even here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula as Sandy moves inland.  Snow just south of us in the snowbelt area and power outages in parts of Michigan, but no where near as bad as all of the terrible devastation created in the main path of the storm on the East Coast. 
Take care.
Sue

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card love the tree and the little ghosts are fab. Caroline xxx

Anesha said...

Great card, love the little cat.

Annette said...

wow this is awesome...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great die cuts!

Lieselotte said...

The embossing is the perfect frame for all the great dies. Very creative piece of art!

Kathi said...

Great scene using all those die cuts and punches. I just love this and will pin it.