Wednesday, July 18, 2012

OLW 97 Line Up Challenge

I needed to make a birthday card and wanted to use my new Penny Black stamps.  This week's OLW 97 Line Up Challenge looked like fun and fit my new stamps perfectly.   The challenge guidelines for this week are to make a one layer card using lines - straight lines, zig-zigs, curves or any kind of lines - just so it has lines on it. 





The butterfly is stamped first with Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossed, colored with Copic markers, then a Versamarker and clear heat embossed again. 

Next the butterfly was masked with Judikins Eclipse Tape before stamping two rows of the Circles and Lines stamp also with Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossing.  The lines are also colored with Copics. 

The sentiment is stamped using both Tangelo and Dandelion inks.  I used a Stamp-a-ma-Jig to position the lines and the sentiment. 

Just when I thought I was finished I manged to smudge a couple of dabs of Dandelion ink right in the middle of the white space.  So I decided to try out the new Fireworks! sprays I just purchased by Imagine Crafts.  The colors match the Memento ink colors.  I used the two that match Tangelo and Dandelion.  This worked great to cover up my smudge.  There is a pretty shimmer to the card now, but it doesn't show in the photo.  Although I no longer have the nice white space,  I do like the way the Fireworks! sprays look.

Stamps: Penny Black Social Butterfly, Circles and Lines, and the sentiment is from Round and Round

Inks: Tsukineko Memento Dandelion and Tangelo, Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMark Marker, Fireworks! Sprays by Imagine Crafts

Embossing Powder:  Ranger Detail Clear Embossing Powder


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a super week!





8 comments:

Linda w said...

Very eye-catching, an inspiring idea. Hugs lin

Ardyth said...

Wow - so much going on on one layer - this is so pretty!

Heather T said...

Your design is gorgeous; I am glad you had to `fix` the smudged area because I love all that colour. I enjoyed browsing through your blog too.

Gabby said...

Saw your card in the OLW97 gallery. Very pretty! Like your inking and the butterfly is lovely. I can appreciate all the work you put into this pretty card. :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous!! love those stamps and your beautiful colors!

Deanna said...

Simply gorgeous card!

Kathi said...

Absolutely beautiful. One layer cards are a virtual impossibility for me, so I really admire this!

Lieselotte said...

I love butterflies, your card is spectacular!