Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Garden Wall - Free For All 126 "Weather or Not"


This week's F4A126 Challenge on Split Coast Stampers is "Weather or Not".  We are supposed to make a card depicting weather.  Lately our weather has been both very hot and humid, extremely unusual for Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  Our garden has been growing like crazy with this kind of weather, so I decided to depict a summer garden. 

I've been playing around with some of the new Penny Black stamps I recently ordered.  I love the new Brick Wall cling stamp and the Puzzle Parts clear stamp set has so much potential.   

This card is made using three of the Puzzle Parts clear acrylic stamps, the Brick Wall cling stamp and the silhouette plant cling stamp Breezy



The Puzzle Parts stamp going across the very top of the card was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossed first, then the stamp that looks sort of like a trellis going down the side was stamped and also clear heat embossed.  I masked the side stamp using Judikins Eclipse tape, then stamped and clear heat embossed the second Puzzle Parts stamp going across the top just below the first one, fitting them together like puzzle pieces.

 I masked these stamps also with Eclipse tape.  Then using a Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I stamped the Brick Wall, inked with a mixture of Stampin' Up Basic Gray and Soft Suede.  I drew and colored a line on the brick wall just below the second Puzzle Parts stamp row to give it more depth.  The masks were removed and all was colored with Copic Markers, shadowing to give depth.





Next I stamped the Breezy plant on the brick with a combination of Cottage Ivy and Teal Zeal Memento ink pads and a touch of Stampin' Up Soft Suede marker.  This was stamped several times in different directions.  I stamped Breezy again several times with the same inks on a separate piece of white Neenah cardstock and fussy cut them out.  After outlining the edges with marker, these were glued directly over top of most of the images on the Brick Wall, giving it more dimension.  Last I cut out the edge of the side Puzzle Parts Stamp before adding the black, blue and green mats.  Except for the Breezy plant and mats everything is actually one layer. 

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.  All the wonderful comments are appreciated.  Have a great weekend.
Sue

4 comments:

Pat K said...

Hi Susan..this is absolutely stunning. Such a work of art....I love it! pat k.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, so life like!

Shirley

Kathi said...

Wow. This is gorgeous. I wish I had a garden that looked like that!

Lieselotte said...

What a stunning card, Susan! I love the PB Puzzle Parts set. Excellent cutting and coloring!