Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vintage Summer Garden Card Class

I've been dealing with some health issues for the past couple of months, but have finally gotten enough energy and mojo back to create some new projects.  I will be teaching another card class next month at our local craft store.   With inspiration from the beautful summery weather we've been enjoying, I decided to create a couple of summer garden cards. 

I used two vintage stamp sets from Crafty Secrets for these cards.  The first card is a little garden scene.  The second one is intended to give the feeling of vintage cameo jewelry. 









Stamps used:  Crafty Secrets - Garden Girls #SL21, Wildflowers #SM18
EK Success Punch used - Rose Bush 2 in 1 Edger Punch
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Twenty-One and Petite Ovals Small
Platinum and clear embossing powders

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Hope you're having a great week.

Sue

9 comments:

Linda w said...

Glad you feeling well enough to craft a little, can make a big diff can't it. They are both beautiful cards, each so different. Hugs lin

Winnie said...

Such pretty cards. I love the layout of each. The first one is so charming (images) and your coloring on both is great.

Kathi said...

I'm so glad you're beginning to feel better!

Both cards are fantastic, though the top one made me gasp in delight. Beautiful scene, gorgeous coloring.

Anesha said...

Two lovely cards, really like the first one. Sorry to hear you were not well but glad you are feeling better.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling un-well Susan. Hope you continue to feel better each and every day. Love your card class ideas. Anyone who attends will have a fabulous crafting day!

Sandra said...

Hi Susan,
I'm glad you're feeling more healthy. Both of your cards are fantastics. I know, I say it for each new card, but ... I'm a fan :) Please take care of yourself :) Sandra

missmacymay said...

I hope the weather stays as it is in your area so you can keep making these fantastic cards. Great job on both. Filing these in my mental bank. Thanks.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Wow Sue both of your cards are beautiful! I love the card you made with our Wildflower set but your garden girl card is amazing with the way you created your scene! Thanks for playing and posting and good luck!

Lieselotte said...

Your cards are oustanding. Thank you for teaching a wonderful class! I learned so much, had fun, and walked away with beautiful cards