Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Katarina - Delicious Doodles Challenge #11 - Winter Wonderland

The current challenge at Delicious Doodles is Winter Wonderland - to make a wintery project.  I decided to use one of Teri's newest images that I fell in love with as soon as I saw her - Katarina.







This wintery project was created by keeping with a color scheme combination of icy blue-greens and warm neutral grey-browns.  Copic markers were used to color both the stunning Katarina with her majestic snow leopard and the background.  I tried to give a bit of a mystical feeling to the background with an impression of faint northern lights reflecting behind her. 

Several dies were used for this project - Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities - Large Labels - the largest rectangle; Sizzix Tim Holtz On the Edge Snow Flurries; My Favorite Things Die-namics Icicle Border and Memory Box Valerian Flourish.  After the dies were cut out from white cardstock, they were colored with a variety of inks - VersaMagic Aquatic Splash, Brilliance Gamma Green and Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Evergreen Bough.  Finally, they were heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder before adding to the project.

Thanks for a fun challenge and for taking the time to stop by.
Sue

10 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh my - this is absolutely and totally beyond gorgeous - and your coloring is beyond perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
OMG - this is a very beautiful Card. Wooooooooooooooooooow.
Sorry, I'm German. :-)
Liebe Grüße Gaby

Lieselotte said...

What a stunning card! Your coloring and shading is amazing. I love the flourish over the icicle border, and the snowflakes surrounding Katarina. You achieved the perfect background with the look of northern lights. The leopard is so realistic! Beautiful work of art, Susan!

Teri said...

What a gorgeous card hun! Such a lovely colour combo, must remember that one for my own projects! Thanks for playing at Delicious Doodles this time (and using a DD image!) Good luck with the draw.
Teri xx

Sandra said...

Susan, as usual, I'm completly in love with this 'Wow' card and coloring ... Bravo :)

Jane said...

Wow a fantastic card I love it. Thank you for playing at Delicious Doodles and using a DD image hope to see you again
Luv Jane xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Susan the teal's in this card are fabulous. Your work is stunning!

Regan said...

Oh. Em. Gee. Susan, this is breath-taking, stunning, and awe-inspiring!!! Such gorgeous colors and what work went into those die cuts! I love this image too (bought her as soon as I saw her), but now I'm afraid to use her! Lol Nothing I could come up with will compare to this masterpiece! You are soooo talented! Your coloring skills just blow my mind! I simply love this and that's all that's left to say! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Anesha said...

Oh wow this is stunning. I love the image and your colouring.!!!

Kathi said...

Stunning card. Beautiful design and wonderful coloring of that fabulous image.