Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Let Heaven and Nature Sing" Published in Rubber Stamp Madness

I just received my copy of Rubber Stamp Madness magazine - their Holiday 2011-2012 edition.  How exciting to receive a magazine in the mail addressed to "Artist: Susan Shuler".

 Even more thrilling, my card "Let Heaven and Nature Sing", is on pg 42 in their  article "Tuning in for the Holidays" by Barbara Blanks. 

This is the first time one of my cards has been published, so I'm really on top of the world, especially since it's in one of my favorite magazines.  And since it's in the centerfold article, my husband has been announcing to everyone that he is married to a centerfold!! LOL

"Let Heaven and Nature Sing"

Stamps used:
Modern Church - Cornish Heritage Farms (Stamper's, Ink.)
Forest Friends Nativity (star on top was masked out) - Art Gone Wild
North Star - JudiKins
Let Heaven and Nature Sing - Serendipity
Evergreen Trees - River City Rubber Works
Tim Holtz Alterations Pine Tree Die by Sizzix

The Modern Church stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms (now Stamper's, Ink.) was my inspiration for this card.  It started with a picture I got in my mind when I first saw this stamp and the card just grew from there.

A couple of the gals at the Ben Franklin Scrapper's Attic store in Petoskey, MI, where I teach card making/stamping classes, have been after me for awhile to submit some of my cards to magazines.  When I got my copy of last spring's issue of Rubber Stamp Madness and looked in the "Looking Ahead"  section at the back of the magazine, I saw one of the topics for submission was Favorite Christmas Carols.  This card fit that idea perfectly, so I decided to send it in.  I figured the most I had to lose was the cost of the postage. 

A few weeks later, I got the e-mail telling me that my card was accepted for publication!  I have been on cloud nine anxiously awaiting the publication of this issue ever since then.  It still seems a bit surreal, but well worth the wait.  So now I am a published artist.  :D

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Sue

9 comments:

Starla B. said...

How exciting, Sue! Congratulations! The card is just beautiful.

Anesha said...

Congratulations!!!! It's a beautiful card.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratultions Susan! This card is fabulous!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Susan! This is such an amazing card, you can be very proud of your artwork.

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Awesome Susan, Congrats!! Your card is lovely no wonder they pick it for publication!

Shell~Alaska♥

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sue, I am so happy for you...I'm sure there will be more to come, and now I can say that I know a published card designer! :)

Shirley

Sandra said...

Hi Susan,
Know what ? I had notice your card, (because of its fabulous perspective, first). But I had not made the connection between the card and you. So I'm very glad I can say 'congratulations' !!!
Sandra :)

Regan said...

Oh, Susan, how exciting!!! Congrats! It is well-deserved - your work is stunning! This one is nothing less! Simply gorgeous! Enjoy your fame, centerfold! ;)
{hugs}
Regan

Annette said...

aww wow this card is so beautiful... I love the scene you have created...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment...Elizabeth told me you would like it...
Happy Crafting.. :)