Monday, October 24, 2011

Last Ride

For this Halloween project I decided to create a scene that might have come out of a Gothic novel. This scene could be the beginning or the ending to a story filled with mystery, suspense and perhaps the supernatural.

Last Ride

The lg Cemetery Gate CM-253-U, Bare Branches Set CM-BBR-X stamps, and small Wolf Moon CM-010-D stamp created by Third Coast's talented artist Cindy Milliron were perfect for this project. The carriage hearse is cut from a piece of design paper by Moxxie called "Dead on Arrival," part of their Midnight Dreary series. 

Below is a close up of the Cemetery Gate and all of it's fabulous details.



I started by stamping the Cemetery Gate with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossing with clear detail embossing powder.  Then I colored the image with Copic markers and fussy cut it out using a craft knife for the detail work.  The carriage hearse is a section of design paper glued down.  Then the bare branches and moon were stamped also in Versafine black and clear heat embossed.  The moon was colored with Copics.  Then I sponged the sky background and slightly onto the design paper with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and last added a touch of Mustard Seed especially for the halo around the moon.  Next I glued the gate in place, and last of all added a finishing touch by highlighting the moon's reflection with a Ranger white gel pen. This was a fun project to make.

Halloween is getting close - only a week from today.  Have a great last week in October and thanks for stopping by.

Sue 

4 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

I agree. This could be a part of a story. Will there be more of your spectacular designs to continue the saga?

Lisa said...

It must have taken you a very long time to complete this great Halloween card. I love the color combination, and your cutting talent is exceptional. What a creative combination of a stamped image and design paper. This card really puts you into a Halloween mood!

Alex said...

STUNNING! I was so hoping you were going to tell me what stamp the hearse was :). The gate, AMAZING. thank you for sharing the ink colors you used. It helps me to see how they go to together.

Kathi said...

Fabulous scene with great coloring and composition.

You continually make me add stamps to my wish list, which means you're doing your job on a TCCC!