Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kokopelli Birthday Celebration

I made this center step card for my sister's birthday, who is a huge fan of Kokopelli art.

Kokopelli Birthday Celebration

I used two of Rubbernecker's awesome Kokopelli stamps: Celebration Kokopelli and Kokopelli Border.  The images and background are colored with Copic markers.  I colored the background circle to look like he is standing in front of the sun.  The two side panels are decorated with buttons found on clearance at Joann's and a Kokopelli punch I've had for years that is also colored with Copics.


The side view above shows the three layers of the main Kokopelli image.  I glued the first layer on the blue cardstock, then popped up a second one with dimensional foam tape.  I cut out another  Kokopelli and popped him up on top for a third layer of added dimension.  The corners on the center panel are cut from the outside circle of the third stamped image.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great Monday and last week of September.

Sue


1 comment:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Susan you selected the perfect colors for your Kokopelli art! I admire the way it glows. Your sister is going to love this!