Sunday, August 21, 2011

Six Fathoms Under - Third Coast Underwater Graveyard Scene

I used the same cute little Skeleton With Casket stamp from Third Coast Rubber Stamps' upcoming fall release to make this card as I did in the "Hair-raising! " card I posted a few days ago.  This time I created an underwater graveyard scene.  I came up with the idea of an underwater graveyard scene because, to me, his hair looks like it could be floating in the water.

Six Fathoms Under

I used all Third Coast stamps to make the scene.   Several shell brads, a silver confetti skull and cross bones, some silver and blue-green fibers, and a silver glitter pen were also used for accents to complete the scene.  The water in the background and in the small side panel is design paper. 

Below is a close up of where I stamped the top half of the skeleon a second time.  He is somewhat hidden at the bottom of the side panel.  I used the design paper to give the effect of bubbles in the water rising around him.  It also shows how I cut out the coral and skeleton fish after coloring with Copics, popped up the coral with dimensionals and added the fish to look like it is swimming throught the coral.  


This second close up shows how I cut a slit in the sunken stump and tucked part of the tail of the cut out skeleton fish inside the slit to look like it is swimming out of the stump.  I did the same to the skeleton hand rising out of the open trunk.


This last close up shows how I stamped the sword to look like it is partially buried in the sand by using a torn piece of sticky paper for a mask and stamping part of the sword over the mask.  I colored the sword with a silver gel pen, but dabbed spots of the sword with a reddish-brown Copic marker to make it look old and slightly rusted.  The bottom of the treasure chest and coins are also also masked and stamped to look like they are sitting in the sand.

Thank you for stopping by.

Sue

Third Coast Rubber Stamps used in the scene:
Skeleton With Casket - DT-394-J Halloween 2011 new release pg 20
Treasure Coffer  DT-057-D
Open Chest  CH-471-E
Rotted Stump  CM-090-H
Sword  DV-003-A
Pescado Meurto  DF-074-AA
Elkhorn Coral - Large  CO-173-G
Dead Man's Hand  AP-441-A
Pile O' Skulls  CH-693-CC


4 comments:

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Fabulous ob on your under the sea scene Susan!

Ohhhh it's a good thing you got some up close shots of the skeleton hiding & of the fish cause I didn't notice him earlier or see that they were actually skeleton fish!! LOL


Shell~Alaska♥

Anesha said...

Wow, stunning creation!!

Starla B. said...

This is just fantastic! I always love your scenes...you are so great at putting them together. Absolutely lovely.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Very creative how you created your scene underwater Susan!