I decided to try a vintage look for my card this week.
Happy Birthday Tatters
Below is a close-up side view to show the popped up flower vase and how I threaded the cake trim flowers through the punched chain on the side.
Tatter's Birthday Cake and Sentiment
Happy Everything Vase
* All coloring on this card is done with Copic Markers
* Print on white cardstock and color - Tatters Birthday Cake and Sentiment - cut cardstock to 5 1/8" W x 5 7/8" H
* Print a second birthday cake, color and cut out just the flowers on the cake trim
* Print, color and cut out the Happy Everything Vase
* Using a ruler and Copic Multiliner pen, draw a line behind the cake and color the backgrounds to make it look like the cake and vase are sitting on a table in a painting
* Punch and color Martha Stewart Bangle Chain Double Edge punch.
* Thread cut out flower trim through the chain and glue on side of main image
* Bend the vase and flowers slightly to give them shape and pop up the center of the vase and flowers with dimensional foam tape.
* Run a Copic brown marker around the edge of the main image, then mat on pink cardstock
* Mat this on SU green striped design paper and again run the edge of a green Copic marker aound the edge of the green dp
We hope you will join us for a fun challenge this week at Happileigh Scrappin'. Remember, if you use one of Leigh's Happileigh Scrappin images on your project you will also be entered in a second drawing for just HLSC projects. We're looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful entries.
Have a great Monday.