Monday, August 22, 2011

Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge #36 - Girly Girls

Happi Monday morning. 
This week it was Mandy's turn to pick the challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin'.  She chose "Girly Girls" as the challenge.  "Your project needs to have a girl on it.  Baby girl, little girl, big girl, even a girly bear will do."

I decided to use Leigh's adorable Kasey Dotted Swiss Birthday for my card..

Kasey Dotted Swiss Girly Girl

I colored Kasey with Copics and cut her out.  I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Tag and Bookplates die to make the base tag out of Stampin' Up Always Artichoke cardstock.  I cut 2 more tags out of  green polka-dot and  beige vellum with glittered flowers design papers, trimming them to fit just inside the edge of the Artichoke tag when I glued them on top.  Added some ribbon and fibers and a glittery lime green bow to the tag.  The base of the card is a reddish brown, Always Artichoke, then a dotted olive green cardstock that I distressed with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  Added the ribbon with roses and glued the tag on at an angle, then popped up Kasey on the tag with dimensionals.  Added some bling from the dollar bin at JoAnn's to the top right corner and on the buckles of her shoes for a final touch. 

Be sure to check all the other awesome Happi Sisters cards this week over at Happileigh Scraappin' and the great new images Leigh has added to her store this week. 

You may use any image for this week's challenge, but remember, if you use a Happileigh Scrappin' image, your entries will be entered in the regular drawing and a separate drawing of just HLSC image projects.

5 comments:

Starla B. said...

This is so cute. Fabulous colors, love the tag. Wonderful!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Susan I love the colors you used. Very sweet in greens and polka dots.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love the wonderful green of your card (my fav color) and your coloring of the image is perfect! With that green dress a red head was definitely called for! Great creation!

Vicki said...

Fabulous card, Susan! I love the colors you selected. Your coloring is, as always, PERFECT. I'm in awe of your shading. Super!!

Made by Mandy said...

I absolutely adore this card, the colours are fab and of course the image is gorgeous :)

Love Mandy xxx