Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Teapot Tuesday - Counting on a Sense of Time

On Split Coast Stampers I belong to a group called the Teapotters and we do a Teapot Challenge every Tuesday - Teapot Tuesday Challenge  The idea of the challenge is to make a card based on a teapot and a crazy, mixed up story that Mothermark - our leader in charge - has written.  The theme for the week is based on the interests of someone who could use some cheering up due to a serious mishap or illness or just to send congratulations to someone. We just started a new idea where the last Tuesday of the month is Tickle a Teapotter week and we send our cards randomly to fellow participating Teapotters.  When I say random, I mean what we do is post a comment in a thread when we upload our card and include a number.  Like if I upload my card and post in the thread and the person before me posts number 9 then I am supposed to say I am number 10.  Sounds simple - LOL  You can't believe how much trouble teapotters have counting!!  So after the first week's fiasco, this last week The Mudder had us go back to school and practice counting.  Our cards for the week had to have numbers on them and at least 2 things to count.  Our counting skills were even funnier this week than last week.

For my card that I am sending to a fellow teapotter, I decided to use Roman Numerals.  That may be a bit advanced for us Teapotters, but it sounded good at the time. LOL   I included poppies to count - at least 42,000 poppies.  I figure that should give us plenty of counting practice.  Below is my card for the teaparty.


Counting on a sense of Time


Stamps used:  Stampin' Up - Sense of Time, Magenta - poppy field scene, Penny Black - Letter Background, Stamper's Anonymous - Life's Possibilities, Studio 112 - pocket watch

Paper:  Georgia Pacific 110 white cardstock, Stampin' Up Mellow Moss, black and textured olive cardstock - unknown company

Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Faded Jeans, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Orange Marmalade, Vintage Photo




Other materials: Copic Markers, sponge and Ranger Foam Applicator for ink, Tim Holtz Timeworks Mask, gold gel pen, brad and clock button, dimensional foam tape

The poppy scene is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.  The outside of the frame for the scene is colored with a gold gel pen.  The background is made using Tim Holtz Timeworks Mask and sponging with Distress Inks.  The letter background was stamped while the mask was still in place. The other clocks and gears are stamped with Distress Inks as well.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Ink on an extra piece of the background I made.  The side panel was also made with an extra piece of the background.  Last, I matted the poppy scene and background each on black, then olive, then Mellow Moss cardstock. I matted the sentiment on black and olive cardstock, added the brad and button and popped up the sentiment.




Have a great Wednesday.

2 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, this is absolulely stunning! if I quickly get down in the dumps could you send me something like this?! ;)

Mothermark said...

Your blog looks wonderful Auntie! This card sure will tickle your teapotter! Giggle! Got a kick out of your post....reading it does make it sound a little bizarre! Snort!

Thanks for posting a link to the challenge! You are such a fun teapotter! And talented to boot!