Sunday, July 3, 2011

My First Post - Happy Fourth of July & Welcome to my new blog

This is my first post and my blog is still a work in progress - being new to blogging it will take me a few days to get things sorted out.

I titled my blog "Behind the Scenes - Straits Stamping Studio" because when it comes to stamping my favorite thing to stamp is scenes.  I live in a perfect place to be able to do that with wonderful panoramic vistas all around me at the Straits of Mackinac.  These straits connect Lake Michigan and Lake Huron - two of the Great Lakes.  The header picture for my blog was taken by Hilda Ryerse -  a good friend and fellow stamper.  It was taken from the top of the south tower of the Mackinac Bridge looking north across the Straits of Mackinac toward Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  It's a five mile long bridge that is our link between Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas. 

I have recently joined a couple of design teams for two of my favorite stamp companies.  I am a member of Third Coast Rubber Stamps brand new design team - Third Coast Creative Coterie.  They have pages and pages of fabulous stamps. 


I am also one of the Happi Sisters on Leigh Grady's Happileigh Scrappin' design team. She has the Happileigh Scrappin' Store online, where she sells fabulous digital images that she has drawn.   Each week Leigh has a different challenge that you can participate in..  This last week - the challenge was to make a project using stars and stripes.  Below is my card for this last week's challenge - "Happy Birthday USA" .


Also posted below is a card that I made several of last year for our local stamping group to send to some of the soldiers from our area.  I drew the flag and boots on the front and wrote the poem.  The poem is printed out on vellum in blue ink then clear embossed.  The inside collage pages are all stamped - except that I made copies of a couple of my dear husband's pins and added them to the 2nd inside page.







    Thanks for joining me on my new blog and happy Fourth of July!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the look of your new blog! Congratulations on your first post... hope it's the start of many, many more.

Broom

Kathi said...

Your blog looks great! Both projects are wonderful!

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Wonderful job on your Patriotic cards Susan, and most of all Congrats on your new blog!

Shell~Alaska♥

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a cute project for your first blog post