Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy HOOTERS Birthday!!

I made this card for my son's birthday.  When I saw this girl at Alota Rubber Stamps, I knew it would make a great guy card.  I did make a couple of changes.   I inked the stamp using a black Stampin' Up marker, but did not ink the plate of food the "Hooters Girl" is serving on the original stamp.  Instead I added a birthday cake from the Stampin' Up retired set "Voila".


The sentiments are computer generated and the two owls are Inkadinkado stamps.  I colored the images and sentiments with Copic Markers and popped up the girl and owl in the one sentiment with dimesional foam tape.  I used Spellbinders Nesties for the oval and scalloped oval to frame the girl, then sponged the edges of the oval and card with Faded Jeans distress Ink. 

 I used Stampin' Up Baja Breeze cardstock for the main panel and Not Quite Navy and white cardstock for the mats.  Added yellow, orange and red Stickles to the candle flame and turquoise Stickles to the cake and girl's earring. The metallic turquoise dots are the finishing touch.



Happy Birthday!
Hope it's a HOOT!!

No comments: