Monday, July 11, 2011

Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge #30 - There's a Critter in the House

This week's challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin' is "There's a Critter in the House" hosted by Vicki. "Use critter type images on your project - mice, teddy bears, frogs. etc. " I used three of Happileigh Scrappin's digital images, Bubble Bath (new image last week), Sea Turtle and Terry Toad.
I colored the Terry Toad, Sea Turtle and Bubble Bath digital images with Copic Markers and cut out the turtle and toad, also cutting a slit in the bubbles in the tub. I added the turtle to the slit in the bubbles and the toad on the edge of the tub by gluing down the bottom of the images and popping up the top part of the images with dimensional foam tape. Then I drew the tile floor and wainscoating using a ruler. The wall, tile floor and wainscoating were then colored with Copics. For a final touch, I colored, cut out and added a few extra bubbles. The picture was then matted on Stampin' Up Basic Black and Calypso Coral (new In Color) cardstock.


"Rub-a-Dub, Dub - There's a Turtle in the Tub"

Have a great Monday and a fantastic week.

4 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

your style and creativity just amaze me! such a wonderful card! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Susan I am so thrilled to see your blog. You are a master at creating scenes and blending inks. Look forward to more of your posts!

Anesha said...

What a great card, such a fun scene!!

Made by Mandy said...

I love your bright card, it is such fun and uses lots of images.

Love Mandy xxx